Okay, so it’s been about a week since I’ve started this blog and I think it’s been going steadily well. I didn’t know much before I started and have done plenty of learning, research, and trial-and-error. I know it’s going to be a forever journey, but in no point have I felt stressed about building this blog, but very excited.
Also for this long weekend I’m house sitting and dog watching for my friend, so it’s very nice to have a change of scenery.
Last Week Blog Goals:
Twitter: 100 followers. Not yet. I know this was a big request in under a week, but I wanted to aim a little high. I’m currently at 49. I’ve going to be trying more ways to grow twitter, so stay tuned.
Instagram:100 followers. Yay! So as of this morning I’ve hit 348 followers. Amazing!! Super exciting and it’s given me a little confidence boost.
Pinterest: Post 2x a week. Yay! I wasn’t really sure what kind of goal is ideal for Pinterest, but I’m still at 0 followers. I’ve also read some new ways to promote Pinterest, so I’ll be trying that this week as well.
Page views: 200. Not yet. And to clarify, I meant in total, not for just a day. But, I haven’t reached there yet, and again, more research on how to grow this will be key.
Keep up with posts: I’ve completed 4 blog posts this week. Yay! They were fun to do, and I’m excited for new topics I have in mind for what’s coming up next.
Next Week Blog Goals:
Twitter: 100 followers. I know it’s do-able and will be great for me to reach out to other bloggers.
Instagram: 800. Let’s try to double last week!
Pinterest: Post 4 times a week. I’ve quickly come to realize that Pins will get lost in the millions out there, and it might take a bit more to get noticed. As well I’d like to follow a lot more Pinners and learn from them.
Page Views: 200. Let’s try this again.
Blog: There’s quite a few since I’m still very fresh:
- Keep up with posts! So, aiming for about 3 high quality posts/week . I’m mapping out my topics to be more organized with this. I have so many ideas!
- Reach out to other blogs and consider guest posts (on others, or a guest post here)
- Facebook. I know Facebook is huge to grow your blog, and I wasn’t ready to tackle it but I will try this week.
- Outline my product. I have two in the very early stages, so this goal will slowly be built!
- Take the stairs every chance I get – I work on the 5th floor, so it’s a good booty workout
- Pack a better lunch – I’ve had a lot of granola bars this week.
- Go for more walks outside
I don’t want to set too many goals for myself for just the short period of a week. I know if I do, I’ll start to feel like I’m drowning.
But! Super excited how everything is progressing and really looking forward to what’s in store!